Rachael Recommends || December 2023
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
The next time I write to you it will be 2024. Whoa. That is wild to think about! As we bring this year to a close and celebrate some of the year's most special holidays, let's plan to end well. The holidays don't have to mean weight gain, out-of-control eating, and excessive drinking. Instead, we can temper our "unhelpful" choices with some more helpful ones that can lead to a healthier year's end.
This month's issue is a continuation of last month's. I'm continuing on with the theme of some "cleaned up" versions of some holiday comfort foods. Today, the highlight is hot cocoa. Whether you like to keep it simple, or to add alllllll the fixins, there's something here for everyone. Why don't you pull out your mug right now. There's goodness and comfort in store, and I know you're going to want to try this!
Heavenly Hot Chocolate - 10 ways?
Hot cocoa is always a favorite holiday treat of adults and kids alike. And I have a healthier version that's sure to be a crowd pleaser, plus some fun and (mostly) clean ways to switch things up from the norm! Why not try them all this season?
Collagen Hot Cocoa (Base recipe)
What you need:
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- 1C. water or unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Handheld milk frother/foamer (you don't absolutely have to have this, but it's so much better than mixing with a spoon!)
- Christmas mug (it's a must)
How to make it:
- Heat water/milk on the stovetop.
- Once the liquid has reached your desired temperature, pour into your Christmas mug.
- Sprinkle your Chocolate Collagen Peptides over the top of the water.
- Fully submerge your milk frother and turn it on. Mix till the Chocolate Peptides are fully mixed.
- Find a cozy spot and enjoy!
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- A handful of Dandies marshmallows (there's even pumpkin and peppermint flavors)
- 1 Yum Earth candy cane (mini or regular size)
- Flavored stevia drops (try flavors from English Toffee, Raspberry, Irish Cream and more!
- Diary free heavy whipping cream
- Or try a combination! The options are almost endless!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! I sincerely appreciate your time in reading my monthly recommendations. I look forward to what 2024 has in store for each of us. Cheers to a happy and healthy year ahead!