Rachael Recommends || September 2023
Last month I opened the conversation on EMF (electromagnetic fields), a topic that's recently captured more of my attention. I shared a bit on what EMF is, why you should be aware of it, some of the potential harm associated with it, and a few strategies to help lower your exposure. If you missed last month's edition, find it here.
In this month's edit, my aim is to expand on this topic by offering more helpful tips, as well as some products which can help mitigate the effects of EMF.
To "spice things up," and end on a lighter note, I will also share an awesome recipe for making your own cleaner version of the much-loved PSL (aka: pumpkin spice latte).
Thanks for reading. Here's to a healthy, happy fall season!
Quick recap - Electromagnetic fields are something to be aware of because, according to the World Health Organization, it represents one of the fastest growing environmental influences. EMF can disrupt biological processes in our bodies and may be the cause of, or at least contribute to, a variety of health concerns.
Below I will highlight a few companies and products that can help with protection. But first, I thought some simple, practical (and mostly free) steps to reduce your EMF exposure would be beneficial:
- Keep cell phones on airplane mode as much as possible.
- Do not sleep with your phone on your nightstand or by your head. Purchase a simple, analog alarm clock instead.
- Do not keep your cell phone in your shirt/pants pocket, belt bag, bra, etc. When the phone must be with you, the best place for it is in a purse or backpack.
- Turn off your wifi at night.
- Do not place your laptop directly on your lap.
- If possible, opt out of smart meter installation in your home.
- Limit bluetooth usage. Consider lessening the use of wireless headphones, smart speakers and more.
Companies and Products
Once you've got the basics down, you may want to look into companies and products that can boost your protection even more. While there are many companies that claim their products help lower EMF exposure, here are some I suggest exploring.
- Boncharge - Boncharge is a company which offers a huge variety of products to enhance your health and wellness; not just those for EMF. This company is endorsed by many leading experts in the health and wellness field. And their selection of EMF protection products is extensive. I really like the idea of the cell phone harmonizing sticker as well as the laptop mat.
- HARApad - HARApad offers a wide array of protective products for laptops, tablets and cell phones. They have a money back guarantee and all products are made in the USA. Additionally, the blog on their website provides excellent educational posts for sceptics as well as for those who just want to learn more about EMF protection.
- Radiation Health Risks.com - Cell phones are probably one of the most concerning EMF emitters as they are almost always within close contact of our bodies. This blog from RadiationHealthRisks.com shares the top cell phone cases for EMF protection. And not all of their suggestions will break the bank. There are some great inexpensive options worth checking out.
- EMF detector - If you want to test areas in your home for EMF a detector could be helpful. Customers who purchased this one expressed peace of mind in the increased awareness that comes with a EMF meter. It may also serve as a good gauge to measure the effectiveness of any EMF reduction steps you take.
Stopping by Starbucks for your PSL (aka: Pumpkin Spice Latte) may not be the best thing for your waistline (or wallet). Here's a delicious alternative that's sure to satisfy the craving and bring you all the comforting, warm vibes of fall. Enjoy!